Website Active Recruitment
Job title: Academic Mentor
Location: Bethnal Green (E1)
Setting: Mainstream Secondary School
Pay rate: £90.00 – £100.00 per day
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Long term with the view to go permanent
Active Recruitment are currently working closely with a Mainstream Secondary School in Bethnal Green (E1), who are seeking an experienced Academic Mentor to join them as soon as possible on full-time, a temp to perm basis. This fantastic School requires support for a number of pupils across key stage 3 and 4 who need support and guidance in core subject areas.
You will be providing 1:1 Academic support to pupils in both key stage 3 and 4 who need support in Business and Economics. You will be supporting them both inside and outside of the classroom. You will be given all the resources you need to help these pupils achieve their targets and predicted grades.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Academic Mentor:
- To participate in the assessment of all learners preparing for exams
- Identify those who need extra help in core subject areas
- To work in partnership with all staff in drawing up and implementing a revision plan for each learner in need of support
- To work in partnership with all school staff responsible for the learner receiving support and intervention, seeking to reach acceptable outcomes that meet the needs of the learner.
- To develop a 1:1 mentoring relationship with learner receiving support, aimed at achieving the goals defined in their individual action plan.
- To work in partnership with the Heads of Learning to develop effective strategies to remove barriers to learning
- Additional Qualifications related to children (Highly desirable)
- Available to commit to a full-time, long-term position
- Previous experience in Academic Support (Tuition or Learning Support)
- Secondary aged support experience (not necessarily within a school)
- Calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
- Confident in your approach and able to deliver effective interventions
The successful candidate must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service before starting this role.
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.