Job Role: Assistant Principal – School Improvement.
Salary: L14 – L20.
Location: Redbridge – East London
School Type: Alternative Provision part of a mainstream school
Start Date: ASAP/January 2024
Active Recruitment are looking for an Assistant Principal for an Alternative Provision which is part of a mainstream secondary school in Redbridge, East London.
The Assistant Principal will support the Co-headteachers in having a decisive impact on school
improvement, the quality of teaching and students’ achievements in all classrooms within the school
and beyond. You will support aspirational expectations of exceptional standards for the school and, you will contribute to the wider trust. You will provide professional leadership and
management of staff to promote high quality teaching, learning and assessment throughout
the school. You will support the Co-headteachers by embedding strategies that will constantly improve standards of learning, progress, and outcomes for all students.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Assist the Co-Headteachers in leading and managing the school,
- Under the direction of the Co-Headteachers, be accountable for key areas of the School Improvement Plan,
- Share responsibility for implementing school policies, decision-making and strategic planning.
An experienced, qualified Teacher is required, and a degree of flexibility will be needed. Duties and responsibilities of the post will change over time as requirements and circumstances change. The post holder will be required to carry out such other duties consistent with the post and as directed by the Executive Principal/Co-Headteachers.
Previous experience of leadership and management is essential. Experience of working within an Alternative Provision is welcome but not essential.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Two weeks’ full pay paternity leave
- 16% PPA minimum for teaching staff
- Access to Teachers or Local Government Pension scheme
- Staff forum
- A focus on staff well-being and welfare – Carnegie Gold Mental Health Award status
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme – 365 days a year helpline and additional support with legal, financial advice and counselling
- Investment in training and professional development including NPQs
- Free access to a fully fitted on-site fitness suite on both campuses
- EV installation programme
- Cycle to work shower facilities
- Team building and sports events
- Winter well-being holiday
- Free on-site parking