Website Active Recruitment ltd
** Behaviour Mentor needed
** Outstanding and highly reputable mainstream secondary school in Dagenham
** Excellent rates of pay
** CPD opportunities
** Permanent position available for the right candidate
Active Recruitment are currently working closely with a Mainstream Secondary School in Dagenham, who are seeking an experienced behaviour Mentor to join them as soon as possible on full-time, a temp to perm basis. This fantastic School requires 1:1 support for a number of pupils that have a range of Special Education Needs and learning difficulties such as; Autism, SEMH and ADHD.
As a Behaviour Mentor, you will be providing 1:1 specialist support to pupils in both key stage 3 and 4 who need help overcoming barriers to learning, where behaviour and attendance issues are a cause for concern. You will be reporting the schools SENCO/ Inclusion Lead providing detailed daily feedback and learning progress reports.
Duties and Responsibility:
- To participate in the assessment of all learners entering or returning to school in order to
- identify those who need extra help in overcoming issues relating to attendance, behaviour and following a period of exclusion.
- To work in partnership with all staff in drawing up and implementing an action plan for each learner in need of support
- To work in partnership with all school staff responsible for the learner receiving support and intervention, seeking to reach acceptable outcomes that meet the needs of the learner.
- To develop a 1:1 mentoring relationship with learner receiving support, aimed at achieving the goals defined in their individual action plan.
- To create and maintain effective, immediate intervention strategies for behaviour incidents.
- To work in partnership with the Heads of Learning to develop effective strategies to remove barriers to learning
- Additional Qualifications related to children (Highly desirable)
- Available to commit to a full-time, long-term position
- Previous experience inspiring and motivating pupils who display challenging behaviour
- Secondary aged support experience (not necessarily within a school)
- Calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
- Confident in your approach and able to deliver effective interventions
If you are a Behaviour Mentor looking for new opportunities please apply today!
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.