** School Caretaker vacancy
** Regular training opportunities!!
** Fantastic Primary School based in East London
** Immediate start
** Temp to Perm
Active Recruitment are working closely with a Primary School based in East London who are looking to appoint a Caretaker to start in as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance across the school. You will have basic DIY skills and should be willing to undertake all basic school tasks including opening and closing the premises, key holding, security, maintenance, gardening and decoration.
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: to be confirmed
Duties will be:
- To undertake general maintenance.
- To be aware of responsibilities under the School’s child protection policy and to be able to report any concerns to the Head.
- To have knowledge of the School’s Health and Safety Policy in relation to caretaking duties.
- To be a key holder for the School and to help open the site in the mornings ready for the start of the school day.
- To support the smooth running of the School by helping with practical arrangements relating to day to day running of the School and special events.
- To provide equipment needed for school events such as assemblies, parents’ evening, staff meetings and training days.
- To help with lunch arrangements by putting up and taking down tables/benches in the School Hall.
- To move deliveries around the site when necessary.
- To ensure that any litter is cleared promptly.
- To assist with the safekeeping and maintenance of School tools and equipment.
What you will get in return
- Strong leadership and a commitment to personal development.
- On-site parking
- A friendly and supportive staff team
- Competitive rates of pay
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.