Job Role: EAL Teacher.
School Type: Mainstream Secondary School.
Location: Redbridge, East London.
Start date: January 2024.
Salary: To Scale
Contract: Maternity Contract, Direct with the School with the view for a permanent contract including TLR.
EAL Teacher required for a mainstream secondary school based in Redbridge, East London. This will be to cover maternity leave and will be on a contract direct with the school.
About the role:
English as an Additional Language Teacher (EAL) to work with students across the age and ability range from Year 7 through to Year 11. The position is to work with students who are learning English where it is not their first language.
About the School:
Some of the students are early-stage learners of English, as well as those who need additional support in becoming fluent. The candidate would deliver a curriculum bespoke to the students’ needs and support colleagues across the school.
The successful candidate would teach EAL groups, as well as support those learning ‘community’ languages. The candidate will join a large and successful inclusion department and could come from a language, English, EAL or other subject background.
Suitably qualified/experienced candidates could be eligible for a subject leadership TLR.
- Career Progression
- Working with a large facilities team
- Overtime available
- Access to Local Government Pension scheme
- A focus on staff well-being and welfare – Carnegie Gold Mental Health Award status
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme – 365 days a year helpline and additional support with legal, financial advice and counselling
- Free access to a fully fitted on-site fitness suite
- EV installation programme 2023
- Cycle to work shower facilities
- Team building and sports events to build cohesion
- Winter well-being holiday
- Free on-site parking
- Free hot drinks