**Education Welfare Officer.
**Outstanding 11-19 School in Redbridge.
**Working with pupils with SEMH.
Education Welfare Officer required for an outstanding secondary school in Redbridge, East London.
About the role:
Active Recruitment are looking for an Education Health and Welfare Assistant to work closely with the SEND department of an outstanding secondary school in East London.
The Medical/Welfare support facility has been redesigned and our client now seeks to appoint an additional team member.
In addition to helping supervise in the medical room, the role will involve working with vulnerable students, including those being supported to navigate mental health or SEMH issues.
The person appointed will have the following:
- Confidence to deal kindly but firmly with young people, recognising varying needs and exercising judgement in making decisions.
- The ability to maintain a high level of professional confidentiality.
This will be a varied role which will include:
- Dealing with unwell pupils & providing 1st Aid,
- Working to support students navigating mental health issues
- Providing targeted support, in or out of the classroom, to SEMH students
- Providing administrative support.
Some experience of welfare support or of a medical or mental health or SEND nature is desirable but not essential. Training, including in First Aid and in Safeguarding, and in particular SEMH/SEND needs, will be provided.
The position is due to start ASAP and an Enhanced DBS check will be required.
All interested School Education Welfare officers should, in the first instance, send a CV with 2 reference details to the email address shown or contact Active Recruitment for further details.
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.