Job Role: Head of English.
Start Date: January 2024.
Salary: To Scale + TLR.
Active Recruitment are looking for a Head of English to take up a position in an outstanding, oversubscribed school based in Redbridge, East London.
English Language and Literature is one of the most successful subjects in the school, with results year on year being in the top 10% nationally. Our client is an 11-19 mixed school.
The successful candidate will ideally have had previous experience of leading an English department or be looking for a step up in their career and ready to take on additional responsibilities within the English department. The school can also offer extraordinary career progression with a real prospect of fast tracking through to an SLT role.
This is a permanent position with a TLR attached and the school are keen to interview ASAP.
- Career Progression
- Working with a large facilities team
- Overtime available
- Access to Local Government Pension scheme
- A focus on staff well-being and welfare – Carnegie Gold Mental Health Award status
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme – 365 days a year helpline and additional support with legal, financial advice and counselling
- Free access to a fully fitted on-site fitness suite
- EV installation programme 2023
- Cycle to work shower facilities
- Team building and sports events to build cohesion
- Winter well-being holiday
- Free on-site parking
- Free hot drinks