Job Role: Head of Religious Education.
Location: Redbridge, East London.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent.
Start date: January 2024
Salary: M1 – UPS3 + TLR.2
Additional Benefits: Private Healthcare
Job Role & Client Information:
Active Recruitment are looking for a Head of Religious Education for an 11-19 school in Redbridge, East London. The post would suit either a current Head of RE or an experienced Religious Education teacher looking for a step up. The school has a brilliant reputation for developing middle leaders and continuing CPD is always available.
The school has recently undergone a very successful Ofsted inspection and puts great emphasis on creating a manageable work/life balance for all staff.
The school currently offers RE (Edexcel syllabus) at KS4 and Philosophy at KS5.
The successful candidate will ideally have QTS and have a passion for teaching Religious Studies. You will play a key role in developing a continued interest in RE throughout the school aswell as having the ability to encourage students to consider a range of perspectives and issues whilst reaching sensible and well balanced conclusions.
Previous experience as a Head of RE is welcome. RE Teachers who are looking for their first Head of Department experience are welcome to apply.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Two weeks’ full pay paternity leave
- 16% PPA minimum for teaching staff
- Access to Teachers or Local Government Pension scheme
- Access to an on-site, non-profit, term time only nursery for school staff (opening 2023-24)
- Staff forum
- A focus on staff well-being and welfare – Carnegie Gold Mental Health Award status
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme – 365 days a year helpline and additional support with legal, financial advice and counselling
- Investment in training and professional development including NPQs.
- Free access to a fully fitted on-site fitness suite on both campuses.
- EV installation programme 2023
- Cycle to work shower facilities.
- Team building and sports events to build cohesion and BMAT community.
- Winter well-being holiday
- Free on-site parking
- Free hot drinks