** Learning Support Assistant position
** Outstanding Primary school based in Dagenham
** Special Needs Teaching Assistant
** Immediate start
** Regular CPD opportunities!
** Temporary, Full-time
Active Recruitment are currently working with a fantastic Primary School in Dagenham. As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be working either one – to – one or with a small group of pupils who have ASD, ADHD, learning difficulties and challenging behaviour. The successful candidate will be a proactive, positive, enthusiastic person who can work flexibly and creatively to support children with SEN in learning and achieving their full potential.
This is an outstanding opportunity for talented learning support assistants with a passion for providing an inclusive learning environment for all students. You will have an excellent understanding of the role that Learning Support Assistants play in enhancing the learning and attainment of students with Additional Educational Needs.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the maintenance of an atmosphere in which pupils gain self-confidence, enjoyment and motivation to learn.
- Work with staff to promote pupil’s social and educational welfare.
- Support pupil’s to access learning across the curriculum through in-class support and targeted withdrawal
- Support assessment of pupil work in preparation for the next stage of learning.
- Assist the pupil in using specialist equipment and technology to support independence and access to the curriculum.
- Have experience of working with pupils, particularly those with special educational needs, including Autism and Speech and Language communication difficulties
The school offer:
- Continual CPD Training
- Enthusiastic children
- A positive, friendly and supportive staff team
- Support and training opportunities to develop your full potential
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.