Website Active Recruitment ltd
Job title: Learning Support Assistant
Location: Hackney, East London
Setting: Mainstream Secondary School
Start date: 1st September 2022
Pay rate: £75 – £90 per day (Depending on experience)
Working hours: 8:30am – 4:00pm (Term time only)
A reputable and high-achieving mainstream Secondary school in Hackney are seeking a Learning Support Assistant to provide targeted support to young learners across key stage 3 and 4. They are ideally looking for a Learning Support Assistant who has recent experience in supporting young people aged 11-16 in a similar setting. This position is to start in September 2022 on a long-term basis, with a view to go permanent for the right candidate.
Duties and responsibilities of the Learning Support Assistant
- Provide support under the direction and supervision of teaching staff to assist pupils to access the curriculum and participate fully in school activities
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress
- Support the teacher in behaviour management and keeping pupils on task based on the expectations for individual pupils
- Provide support for pupils with challenging behaviour taking account of support plans and risk assessments under the direct supervision of a teacher
- Support pupils in their social development and their emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
Benefits of working with Active Recruitment
- Health & Wellbeing support, discounts on travel and retail outlets from our partners
- A dedicated consultant on hand for support
- All of our staff are paid in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee
- We offer online training for all of our staff including First Aid, Special needs qualifications, Child safeguarding and more!
If you are a Learning Support Assistant looking for a new opportunity within a reputable mainstream school, we would love to hear from you!