Website Active Recruitment
SEN Teaching Assistant needed in Islington
- Full-time (Monday to Friday)
- Mainstream, Primary school
- Excellent rates of pay (£80 – £100 per day)
- Hours are 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Immediate Effect
Active Recruitment are working with a fantastic Primary School in Islington, who are seeking an SEN Teaching Assistant to provide 1:1 support to young learners across key stage 1 with additional needs including Autism and Social and emotional needs. This will be a September start, initially until the end of the academic year with permanent opportunities for the right candidate. This is a great opportunity for an SEN Teaching Assistant to develop their career within a friendly and supportive environment.
The SEN Teaching Assistant candidate will have:
- Experience working with pupils with ASD/SEMH.
- The ability to positively manage challenging behaviour
- A positive attitude, the ability to empathise and a willingness to develop and learn on the job
- Be calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
- Recent classroom-based experience as a Learning Support Assistant
Duties and responsibilities of the SEN Teaching Assistant
- To provide 1:1 support to young learners across Key stage 1 with ASD/SEMH.
- Provide feedback on childs progress to class teachers and parent
- Establish trusting relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities
- Prepare resources required for learning activities and assist pupils in their use
- Working with teachers to monitor progress of pupils
If you are an SEN Teaching Assistant seeking a long term position within a thriving Inner London school, please apply today!