Job Details: School Finance Officer
Location: Redbridge, East London
Salary: £45000 – £49500
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: Temp-to-Perm
About the job.
Active Recruitment are looking for a Senior Finance Office & payroll specialist to join a secondary school in Redbridge, East London.
The successful candidate will have a passion and strong understanding of payroll, pensions and all things finance related. The role will involve a great deal of leadership and management skills along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare and monitor monthly budgets & forecasts,
- Manage financial systems and processes,
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations,
- Report on the schools’ finance situation,
- Support and maintain payroll information
- Processing monthly BACS payments
- Prepare monthly pension reports
The school are ideally looking to appoint someone with professional qualification in accounting or working towards it (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW etc) along with a payroll qualification.
- Private Healthcare
- Career Progression
- Working with a large facilities team
- Overtime available
- Access to Local Government Pension scheme
- A focus on staff well-being and welfare – Carnegie Gold Mental Health Award status
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme – 365 days a year helpline and additional support with legal, financial advice and counselling
- Free access to a fully fitted on-site fitness suite
- EV installation programme 2023
- Cycle to work shower facilities
- Team building and sports events to build cohesion
- Winter well-being holiday
- Free on-site parking
- Free hot drinks