Website Active Recruitment ltd
School-based Youth Mentor needed in East London
** Outstanding and highly reputable mainstream secondary school in Newham
** Excellent rates of pay
** Opportunities for progression and professional development
** Permanent position available for the right candidate
Active Recruitment are currently working closely with a Mainstream Secondary School in East London, who are seeking an Assistant Youth Mentor to join them as soon as possible on full-time, a temp to perm basis. In this position you will be responsible for the academic and social progress of pupils aged 11-16 with a range of learning needs and barriers to learning.
You will be providing 1:1 specialist support to pupils in both key stage 3 and 4 who need help overcoming barriers to learning, where behaviour and attendance issues are a cause for concern. You will be reporting the schools SENCO/ Inclusion Lead providing detailed daily feedback and learning progress reports.
What the school can offer
- Estate of the art facilities and teaching spaces
- A flexible and supportive senior leadership team
- A range of resources for activities
- Car parking facilities
- Excellent rates of pay
- An opportunity to make a difference within a vibrant Inner London school
- Available to commit to a full-time, long-term position
- Previous experience inspiring and motivating pupils who display challenging behaviour
- Secondary aged support experience (not necessarily within a school)
- Calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
- Confident in your approach and able to deliver effective interventions
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.