** Science Technician Vacancy
** ASAP Start
** Temp-to-Perm contract
** School based in Stratford
Our client is an 11-16 secondary school based in the Stratford. They are urgently looking for an experienced School Science Technician to join them on a temp-to-perm basis. There is also fantastic scope for progression here.
The main duties include maintenance of laboratory equipment, preparation of experiments for classes, including measuring of chemicals, slide preparation, and laying out of equipment, stock preparation, etc. Science Technicians may also be expected to assist in the classroom.
It is essential that you have relevant science technician experience and can carry out some of the following duties:
- Supporting both pupils and science teachers throughout the day;
- Setting up and using the equipment accurately and safely;
- Able to manage the stock control of chemicals and equipment;
- Ensure that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals and other materials are appropriately stored
The ideal science technician:
- Would preferably have a university degree in one of the scientific fields, and any previous experience working as a Science Technician or Lab Technician would be welcome.
- Experience working as a science technician in a secondary school
- Available immediately
- Have a DBS on the update service/current DBS
All interested Science Technicians should, in the first instance, send a CV with 2 reference details to the email address shown or contact Active Recruitment for further details.
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.