** Secondary LSA needed in Barking & Dagenham
** Immediate start
** Long term until the end of the academic year
** competitive rates of pay
** Very well resourced and supportive school
Active Recruitment are currently seeking a strong Learning Support Assistant with experience in supporting pupils with SEMH and challenging behaviour. The school is well equipped to support pupils with a broad and inclusive curriculum as well as facilities, it is known for its positive culture and learning environment, where students are supported to be happy, safe and stimulated throughout their learning day. They are ideally looking for someone who can confidently deliver group interventions and support the social needs of targeted pupils.
The staff are highly supportive, and creativity is encouraged. They have an excellent reputation for their investment in staff and career development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to assess the individual learning needs of pupils
- The ability to positively manage challenging behaviour
- A positive attitude, the ability to empathise and a willingness to develop and learn on the job
- Be calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
- Experience working with pupils with SEMH
The school can offer:
- Excellent resources and learning facilities
- A friendly and very supportive team of staff
- Opportunities for Career and professional development
If you are an SEN Teaching Assistant looking for a new opportunity within a reputable mainstream school, please apply today!
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.