Website Active Recruitment
Job title: SEN Teaching Assistant
Setting: Mainstream Primary School
Start date: 04/09/2023
Duration: Temp to Perm
Pay: £75 – £85 per day
Active Recruitment are currently working with a lovely mainstream primary school in Harlow, who are seeking an SEN Teaching Assistant with experience in supporting primary aged pupils with Autism and challenging behaviour. The school is well equipped to support pupils with a broad and inclusive curriculum as well as facilities, it is known for its positive culture and learning environment, where students are supported to be happy, safe and stimulated throughout their learning day.
The staff are highly supportive, and creativity is encouraged. They have an excellent reputation for their investment in staff and career development opportunities. You will be supporting children with Special Educational Needs (Autism, Emotional Behaviour Difficulties, Learning Difficulties) in small groups and one to one.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to assess the individual learning needs of pupils
- The ability to positively manage challenging behaviour
- A positive attitude, the ability to empathise and a willingness to develop and learn on the job
- Be calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
- Experience working with pupils with ASD.
The school can offer:
- Excellent resources and learning facilities
- A friendly and very supportive team of staff
- Opportunities for Career and professional development
If you are an SEN Teaching Assistant looking for a new opportunity within a reputable mainstream school, please apply today!