Active Recruitment are seeking a full time, experienced SENCO who is looking for a new opportunity to start in September 2020. Our client is a fantastic mainstream Primary based in Islington, London and are committed to providing a positive and enjoyable environment for both staff and their children. You will be responsible for supporting pupils across the school who have additional needs, leading the intervention support for SEN pupils from Early years through to key stage 2 & lading a team of qualified SEN Teachers and Learning Support Assistants. NASENCO qualification is highly desirable but not essential.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An outstanding SENCO with a range of experience working with children with complex needs.
- Able to promote efficient & effective deployment of staff & resources
- Passionate about promoting inclusion across the school to raise aspiration and achievement
- NASENCO award (desirable)
- Able to work effectively within a supportive, committed and successful staff team
- Committed to developing their own specialist knowledge and has an excellent understanding of how children learn
- A strong leader and committed to providing the highest standards of provision for SEND pupils.
- An excellent communicator, with a strong commitment to working in partnership with parents, governors and the community.
The school can offer:
- A proactive and enthusiastic staff team dedicated to learning.
- A strong and inspirational leadership team
- A commitment to your professional development through training, coaching and mentoring.
- A well-resourced curriculum in a friendly and supportive working environment.
- Car parking facilities.
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.