Website Active Recruitment LTD
Teaching Assistant – SEN and Autism
Salary: £22,575.00 – £22,983.00 FTE
Term time only, 32.5 hours per week
£17,433.01 – £17,748.08 at pro rata value
Location: Redbridge, East London
Job Role & Client Information.
Teaching Assistant for SEN and Autism required for an 11-19 secondary school based in Redbridge, East London.
We are seeking to recruit a passionate, reliable, and empathetic teaching assistant to work within a highly successful SEND Provision. The successful candidate would have the opportunity to work collaboratively within mainstream and/or a very successful ASD provision to improve the outcomes of SEND students.
We are looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about education and has a flair for working with young people
- This role could also suit recent university graduates who are interested in gaining initial classroom experience as a Teaching Assistant, or those looking to start a career path in teaching.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and/or qualifications in working with children with special needs, ASD specific would be desirable but not essential
- The ability to support students in their mainstream lessons as well as in smaller group interventions
- A friendly and approachable manner
- Be able to work using their own initiative and demonstrate effective behaviour management skills.
- Working with outstanding leadership & SENCo
- Potential for Teacher Training
- On-site parking and close to local amenities.