Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and candidates on its register to share this commitment and to be fully aware of the importance of child protection.
Active Recruitment LTD strictly adheres to the requirements outlined in the DfE document: Keeping Children Safe in Education and Safer Recruitment (updated Jan 2021) in conjunction with our governing body’s guideline – (REC) Putting Pupils First – Essential guide to safeguarding and good practice recruitment.
Furthermore, the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 outlines the specific duties and responsibilities for an employer in relation to barred persons and to the sharing of information about individuals to the Independent Safeguarding Authority. Active Recruitment LTD is committed to ensuring that its obligations are met.
Active Recruitment LTD confirms that before supplying any staff to school or educational settings, it has:
- Undertaken a face-to-face or video interview with the applicant
- Confirmed identity and proof of address in line with acceptable documents approved by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Right to work in the UK including work permits and immigration documents
- Confirmed the authenticity and ownership of all teaching and child-care qualifications
- Confirmed, for NQT/ECT’s, their progress towards, or completion of, the statutory induction period within the set time period as determined by the DfE
- Checked, for all teachers holding QTS, if any interim prohibition or prohibition orders are in force via the DfE Employer Access service/NCTL Check List.
- Confirmed that Overseas-Trained Teachers hold teaching qualifications which are deemed by UK NARIC to be equivalent to a British teaching degree or PGCE
- Obtained an enhanced DBS certificate relevant to the appropriate workforce for all candidates; certificates issued by other employers will be checked, where applicable, by the DBS Update Service
- Asked candidates (at verbal vetting stage, on the written application form, and at interview) to declare any convictions, cautions or reprimands, warnings or bind-overs which they have occurred
- Obtain overseas police checks where applicable.
- Conducted a standardised Risk Assessments on applicants with disclosures on their DBS certificate or foreign police clearance, to determine suitability for registration
- Confirmed that the candidate is medically fit to work in an educational setting
- Applied for, received, and verified two satisfactory references relevant to their application including a reference from their previous employer.
- Verified any gaps in the applicant’s work history
Any further queries about our safeguarding processes may be forwarded to:
Ryan Kissin – Director – email@example.com